Thursday, June 19, 2008

Bathroom Etiquette

Have you ever worked in an office that has a pile of magazines and newspapers and occasionally you'll see somebody grab a newspaper, fold it in half, and head to the direction of your friendly neighborhood bathroom? Is there really a need to bring your own reading material for while you're declaring intestinal jihad on the toilet?

Call me germophobic but I don't think its very nice to bring back a newspaper that you were using while defecating in one of our grimy stalls only to place it back into the pile where you got it from. Leaving with what I am sure is a petri dish of bacteria on it for whoever is so unlucky to pick it up afterwards. I have seen this practice in many work places, but I always just thought it was because radio guys don't tend to be the most hygenic human beings. Is this common everywhere?

I'm a little OCD about germs, I'll thorougly wash my hands, use multiple paper towels to dry them, and then use a paper towel to open the door handles while I am leaving the restroom. Sometimes I'll purell just to make sure afterwards.

No comments: