Thursday, July 31, 2008

Follow up on Artest

So apparently Ron Artest is ALREADY in hot water with a team mate. Yao Ming made the following comments about Artest, "Hopefully, he's not fighting anymore and going after a guy in the stands."

Then Artest responds with:
"I understand what Yao said, but I'm still ghetto, that's not going to change. I'm never going to change my culture. Yao has played with a lot of black players, but I don't think he's ever played with a black player that really represents his culture as much as I represent my culture. Once Yao Ming gets to know me, he'll understand what I'm about.

"If you go back to the brawl, that's a culture issue right there," Artest added, according to the report. "Somebody was disrespecting me, so he's got to understand where I'm coming from. People that know me know that Ron Artest never changed."


Wow good job asshole, way to set back black athletes about 50 years. So you're saying that Yao has to understand that you are ghetto and not willing to change your ways? That its some sort of understanding in black culture to resort to violence at the drop of a hat? Guess what Artest, if someone is disrespecting you there are other ways to deal with it then flailing your fists around in the stands and putting innocent fans in the line of danger. He has absolutely no remorse for his actions and makes a mockery of the sport. If I was a black nba player I would be livid at people like Artest who is playing into all of the negative stereotypes and creating even more racial tensions. I can't wait til the season starts and the Rockets regret this trade as I'm sure this is only the beginning of a long line of ignorant actions.

No comments: